KandyLand
Welcome to Kandy's Krazee World, a place to let go and laugh at ourselves and each other. Please email me at aikandylandforums@sbcglobal.net if you are having trouble signing in. I will reset your password.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

KandyLand
Welcome to Kandy's Krazee World, a place to let go and laugh at ourselves and each other. Please email me at aikandylandforums@sbcglobal.net if you are having trouble signing in. I will reset your password.
KandyLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body Filler

4 posters

Go down

Body Filler Empty Body Filler

Post by FST 05 Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Question for the experts

What brand of body filler/bondo should one use?

Thanks from the noob
FST 05
FST 05

Back to top Go down

Body Filler Empty Re: Body Filler

Post by kandyman Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Well ...I Finally got the Gas Tank out of the 73 Mustang ....Got the Filler panel fixed like New and Straightened the Rear valance pan ...so that saved money....I am cutting the rear panel out so we can weild the back light panel in....I'm going to finish the Dog legs on both doors next !...they will be fished & Primed !
kandyman
kandyman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kandyman Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:26 pm

FST 05 wrote:Question for the experts

What brand of body filler/bondo should one use?

Thanks from the noob

there are so many to choose from ....Most have been improved and upgraded. Guess you can go by price .....lol
kandyman
kandyman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anotheridiot Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:38 am

I like using the fiberglass hair body filler if its a big area, then follow up with regular bondo and then light weight stuff before spot putty to fill the final pinholes. I never tried the real expensive ones that are supposed to eliminate the last two steps but do believe you get what you pay for.
anotheridiot
anotheridiot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kandyman Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:13 pm

The hair filler is great.................
kandyman
kandyman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Auror Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:45 pm

it looks like now days everyone is using a final skim coat to get the surface completely perfect ... i see them doing that on the Chip Foose show...
Auror
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by anotheridiot Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:22 am

Auror wrote:it looks like now days everyone is using a final skim coat to get the surface completely perfect ... i see them doing that on the Chip Foose show...

Yeah, and the real high end stuff, they put a dust coat of black or dark red over the car so when the wet sand it they can see where the black is staying below the surface.
anotheridiot
anotheridiot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kandyman Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:02 pm

anotheridiot wrote:
Auror wrote:it looks like now days everyone is using a final skim coat to get the surface completely perfect ... i see them doing that on the Chip Foose show...

Yeah, and the real high end stuff, they put a dust coat of black or dark red over the car so when the wet sand it they can see where the black is staying below the surface.

Your Purty Smart !........lol
kandyman
kandyman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FST 05 Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:07 pm

lot of great info...... Though not sure if I know/understand anymore than when I asked. Maybe I will leave this part of my build to the professionals. Very Happy

Or maybe if I can get down to Cwood one day watch Kandy work his majic and see if I could not learn something.. cheers
FST 05
FST 05

Back to top Go down

Post by FST 05 Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:12 pm

kandyman wrote:Well ...I Finally got the Gas Tank out of the 73 Mustang ....Got the Filler panel fixed like New and Straightened the Rear valance pan ...so that saved money....I am cutting the rear panel out so we can weild the back light panel in....I'm going to finish the Dog legs on both doors next !...they will be fished & Primed !

Dad was telling the trouble yall were having with that tank. Can't wait to see some pictures, I bet it does not even look like the same car anymore. Smile
FST 05
FST 05

Back to top Go down

Post by kandyman Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:16 pm

FST 05 wrote:
kandyman wrote:Well ...I Finally got the Gas Tank out of the 73 Mustang ....Got the Filler panel fixed like New and Straightened the Rear valance pan ...so that saved money....I am cutting the rear panel out so we can weild the back light panel in....I'm going to finish the Dog legs on both doors next !...they will be fished & Primed !

Dad was telling the trouble yall were having with that tank. Can't wait to see some pictures, I bet it does not even look like the same car anymore. Smile

Got the Tank out & all of the back Panel....Will be Welding the rear Panel tomorrow !
kandyman
kandyman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FST 05 Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:58 pm

Outstanding
FST 05
FST 05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content